“Neither Miró nor Picasso. Signed by nature.” Sergio da Silva
After several fun days exploring and eating our way through downtown Portland we hit the road and traveled through the mountains to Bend, Oregon. Our friends Ken and Marilyn graciously agreed to be our guides, helping us to get oriented and explore some of their favorite hikes and haunts. We all began pre-dawn on Sunday to see/shoot “Balloons Over Bend”.
After the balloons we traveled out into the mountains and hit several of their favorite hikes. On day two we explored some of the beautiful farmland surrounding the city on our way to a delightful day of golf. Now that we’ve become familiar with the area we are even more psyched to dig into the many things it has to offer. In the meanwhile, here are a few of the sights we’ve seen these past two days. Thanks Ken and Marilyn – you guys ROCK!
There were SO many photo opportunities and shots I loved that I struggled to keep this one from running on too long. Hopefully I didn’t get too carried away!
Thanks for staying with me to the end 🙂
Note: All photos taken with Nikon D/300s
- Welcome to Bend: Nikkor 70-200mm @70mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/200
- Near and Far: Nikkor 70-200mm @175mm, ISO 400, f/11, 1/320
- Floating Free: Nikkor 70-200mm @ 150mm, ISO 400,, f/8, 1/400
- Water Water Everywhere: Nikkor 10-24mm @10mm, ISO 100, f/22, 1/4
- Water Power: Nikkor 70-200mm @70mm, ISO 100, f/22, 1/4
- Boater’s Paradise: Nikkor 10-24mm @24mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/100
- Hikers’ Heaven: Nikkor 10-24mm @24mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/50
- Reflections: Nikkor 18-200mm @34mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/250
- Mare and Colt: Nikkor 18-200mm@200mm, ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/320
- Feeding Time at the Farm: Nikkor 18-200@200mm, ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/400
- Seen Better Days: Nikkor 18-200 @34mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/50