Beautiful Bend – Again!
“I am living out my adolescent dream of travel and adventure.” T. Cahill
For the past two days we’ve explored more of Bend, Oregon with our good friends Jane and Bob, who joined us from their San Francisco summer home.
We celebrated Bob’s birthday with a bit of a Kiawah reunion at Elevation, an excellent restaurant run by the students at the Cascade Culinary Institute. During the day, we hiked the famous Smith Rock, home to some very adventurous rock climbers.
We drove the gorge at Bowman’s Dam and then played golf at Brasada Ranch Resort, where the mountains were beautiful to see and difficult to putt :-). We also enjoyed a terrific meal at Zydeco here in town. All in all, a wonderful few days made better by the company of good friends.
In closing, here are some additional scenes of our adventures in Bend.
That’s it for now; see you next time!
Note: All photos taken with Nikon D/300s
- Not So Wild Horses: Nikkor 18-200mm @40mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/160
- Reflections, Smith Rock: Nikkor 18-200mm @20mm, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/320
- Better You Than Me: Nikkor 18-200mm @ 95mm, ISO 200,, f/11, 1/20
- Tumalo Waterfall: Nikkor 18-200mm @170mm, ISO 100, f/25, 1/5
- Rafting the Deschutes River: Nikkor 18-200mm @32mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/60
- Crazy Deschutes Rafter: Nikkor 18-200mm @105mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/80
- Class IV Rapids, Deschutes: Nikkor 18-200mm @18mm, ISO 100, f/22, 1/20
- Hanging Juniper Branches: Nikkor 18-200mm @80mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/20
- Dillon Falls: Nikkor 18-200mm@34mm, ISO 100, f/29, 1/20
- Old Growth Junipers: Nikkor 18-200@18mm, ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/50
- Abstract, Old Growth Junipers: Nikkor 18-200 @34mm, ISO 100, f/22, 2 sec
- I See You Seeing Me: Nikkor 18-200 @50mm, ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/200