“Today, many will awaken with a fresh sense of inspiration. Why not you?” S. Maraboli
I must admit I’d not heard of the “very inspiring blogger award” but my sincere thanks to Rachellynne for nominating me for my “Growth” Weekly Challenge Post, and for her lovely compliments about my photos. Check out her blog at www.thepennilesstraveler.wordpress.com . According to the rules, I’m to create a link to the recommender’s blog (check!) – and also post a copy of the award (check! see above).
Next, I’m to share 7 facts about myself. An interesting challenge 🙂
1. I’m new to blogging but am having fun with it and working to improve with each post. I’ve been re-blogged several times which is a nice compliment and am honored to have been recognized with the Very Inspiring Blogger nomination.
2. I love to travel but am lazy about planning. Fortunately my husband loves to plan so that works out well for us. We’ve been all over the world but our bucket list still includes China, Turkey, Israel, and Greece – in no particular order.
3. As much as I enjoy traveling, I also love to stay home. We live on a beautiful barrier island in the Southeastern US near Charleston, SC. It offers wildlife and landscape photo opportunities every day.
4. I’m passionate about photography, especially the creativity aspect. I can’t draw or paint but the camera helps me to see things in a different light and from a new perspective, and offers me a way to share my artistic vision. I’ve also always liked writing and languages so blogging is a great outlet.
5. I come from a large family, with 4 brothers and 11 nieces and nephews. We’re a bit disconnected geographically but make a point of getting together at least twice a year which we all look forward to and never miss.
6. I worked in the technology industry for 20 years, first in computers and then in networking. I retired very young thanks to hard work, plenty of luck and a healthy push from my husband.
7. My husband and I were friends for a long time before marrying 17 years ago. I’m still crazy in love with him and as an added bonus, I’m sharing his son, our daughter-in-law, and our adorable granddaughter Elisabeth. How great is that?!
Finally, the rules suggest I recommend 15 other blogs, and let those bloggers know about the award. With apologies to all the great bloggers out there that I’ve missed, I’m suggesting:
Thanks again, Rachel, for recognizing my work!